Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekend Update.


Before I get to the weekend's events...

Today - I happened to be in the little town where the bridesmaid dresses were ordered so I decided to stop by to see how "frankenstein" my gown is going to have to be since I ordered it in February... I went in to the dressing room fully expecting to not even be able to zip the darn thing up but it was actually LOOSE on me. They are going to have to take in the bust and maybe let out the sides a couple of inches after the next few weeks but they probably won't even have to add any extra fabric to it. Yay for not having to pay for too many alterations but - um - how big WAS I before I got pregnant??? Sad that I'm actually smaller 7+ months pregnant than before...ugh - anyway - here is awful cell phone pic I took when I was there.
The weekend was VERY busy all around. Saturday night some of the ladies from church landed at my house after a night of bowling and brought over a FIRE PIT!!! I LOVE IT! We all sat around toasting marshmallows and just enjoying one another's company. THANK YOU LYNN!!! I just can't wait to figure out a way to landscape the back yard to accommodate the pit...may have to be a "next spring" kind of project!
It was a good weekend for scrapping up at the church on Saturday - I struggled with my first layout for-EVAH trying to make the papers that I had originally bought for these pictures work...I was about to give up when I pulled out this Bungle Jungle from Sassafras Lass and - voila - brilliance
The second one had been in my brain since I found this paper at Convention at the beginning of the month. The crate paper "lil sprouts" line is perfect for the nursery color scheme. I'm totally ready for him to get here as soon as he's ready to come! 10 weeks left - what torture...  
In the next post - torturous medical procedures and the pregnant women who have to endure them...

No comments: