Friday, March 15, 2013

A new obsession

Do I need more craft supplies?  The answer is categorically NO!
Do I love getting kits in the mail from The Scrap Room ?  ABSOLUTELY!

But I also have another pair of related problems.
1. I am losing weight (not a problem per se) - but -
2. I am shrinking out of my clothes.

So: after some negotiation with my hubby, I swapped out the spending currently earmarked for my kits for a new experiment with a clothing subscription service called Gwynnie Bee.

My bestest friendest introduced me to the concept of subscription boxes and the joy of getting new clothing and accessories in the mail every month - the problem is that I am still currently in above average sizing for my wardrobe and the standard services didn't cater to anything above a 12.  Enter Gwynnie Bee.  Their sizing goes from 10 and up and, much like netflix or gamefly, you can send back clothes after wearing them for as long as you want and then swap them out for new ones when you are ready to freshen up your look.

The best part about this service is the fact that - as I shrink - all I have to do is adjust the sizes of the items in my virtual closet and Gwynnie Bee sends me the next size down all the way down to size 10!  That should get me to my first goal when I would feel comfortable buying clothes in the smaller sizes and I don't have a whole closet full of way too expensive "Fat Clothes" laying around.

I received my first box today - During my trial period I started out with a 2 garments out a time plan but I think I'm going to move up to a bigger plan as soon as fiscally possible!

Here is my first result.  The closet picked out the
Printed - Pintucked top by Charter Club
and
Faux Leather Pencil Skirt by Eloquii

What's the buzz on this combo? I felt awesome in the top - its light weight and kind of sheer so I put on a white cami underneath and  paired it with an antique necklace from my grandmother and gold hoop earrings for a more elegant look.  This would look great with jeans or khakis too...so I might look into buying it at some point...

The skirt is a pleather material with suede panels on the side.  It's cute and fits great but I don't have many occasions to wear that type of pencil skirt.  I'm keeping it until after some meetings I have come up and then its going back for another selection.

I can't wait to see what the next boxes bring!

Just a note here: I am not getting compensated for this review but if you decide to try the service please click on the link below to get a full 30 days to try it out for FREE!


Note: I am not being compensated for this review.



No comments: