Sunday, October 16, 2011

Grateful Journal #16


Today I am grateful for my stepson James. He made the tough decision over the summer to spend his senior year living here in Iowa with his dad and me so that he can get in state tuition to Iowa State University next year. I know it was hard on him to start his 3rd high school, but he got a job, joined a club, went to driver's ed over the summer and has been doing great despite a heavy class load laden with A.P. Chem and A.P. Physics. This morning he got up and made sausage and eggs for me and the kids. Although sometimes it visibly annoys him that there is a 2 year old and a 7 year old that take up a lot of the time and energy in the house, you can tell that he loves his little brothers. I'm so proud of the man that he is becoming.

No comments: