Thursday, August 27, 2009

The latest in the weekly checkup saga...

Wish I had better news...but I want a total do-over on today's rainy gross day!

Had a dr appt this morning at 8:30 - left the house at 7:45, took J to mom's realized the car was out of gas, stopped for quick fill up, on the road again - got stopped by a friggin freight train at the crossing in town - then got stuck behind a guy going 45mph on the Interstate ;swearing . Arrived at my appt 12 min late and the nurse gave me the stink eye and told me we needed to get going right away at which point I started tearing up and apologizing...gotta love the preg hormones...had my exam, I'm still only at 2 cm and "thick" and my Strep B test came back positive so I'll have to be on IV antibiotics during delivery to make sure it doesn't pass to Joseph during birth (Strep B is harmless - like strep throat to you or me but could cause complications for little dude's immune system). So - I went home to lay down for a couple of hours...I don't have any appointments until 3 and I need to not think about how frustrating this is trying to keep him IN for 8 weeks only to have him not want to come OUT when the time is actually right...

So here I am in all my bellied up glory.

No comments: