What a year 2012 turned out to be - I mean seriously, could we have possibly jam packed anything more into this 12 month section of our lives.
Let's see shall we -
The moving to Newton thing
We started off looking at houses, finding the perfect one, getting financed and moving in. As time marched forward our window to do things like remove wallpaper and paint and take up carpet got smaller and smaller but somehow we made it work. Since then, almost every wall in the house has gotten a coat of paint, the basement has been completely torn apart and is about 1/2 way put back together again and we are finally "settling in"
The Graduation Thing
It was no small miracle that James made the decision to come and live with us for his Senior Year but it all paid off to watch him get that high school diploma, be diligent about submitting applications for scholarships and achieving a FULL RIDE to Iowa State. Also his mom brought him a new car for graduation when she drove up here for the ceremony - yup - ex wife - in the house - out to dinner with the family - the whole everything - and it wasn't awful.
The Business Thing
What an up and down that was. Banks, financing, back and forth, lawyers, accountants, offers, counters, evaluators and, of course, that is all in the middle of one of the worst year's that the company has ever experienced. We made it through it all though and next year's marketing plan is strong and the changes we are making are good. Whew
The New Nephew Thing
My brother is a father! So weird but so awesome. I couldn't love my nephew more if he had come out of me!
So 2013 is here and (although I know everyone feels its cliche to make a "resolution") I feel like the start of a New Year is an excellent benchmark point to look at and say - yeah - last year at this time I was **fill in the blank**
All of my goals this year center on STRENGTH.
1. This is the year that we are poised to be in a place of strength financially - paying off credit cards and cars, etc and putting money in savings for our future. And staying on BUDGET THIS YEAR!
2. I am going to run a half marathon in April with CJ and Heather. As crazy as that sounds its true. Money has been paid, registration packets have been ordered and I'm going to have to train like a mad woman to be ready in time.
3. I want to build strong habits with my family as well. We just purged out all of the crappy food that was weighing us down (literally as well as metaphorically) and we are committed to eating out less and not bringing the junk food into the house. On top of that we want to do less TV time and more free reading and play time and teach respect for their things and the items of others.
4. I want to read or listen to 100 books this year
5. I also want to scrap 100 layouts
Sounds good right? Here's to a strong and healthy 2013!!!