Thursday, March 19, 2009

A change of approach (Roles and Goals)

OK - if last week was the week for my massive pity party - this week will definitely be different. I am going to drive myself to greatness through the use of lists and goals and - to make sure I stay on track - I get to post them publicly and either do them or suffer the shame of having to admit that I fell short. Going back to my Franklin Planner days I've split them up into main categories of life so I have a track to run on no matter where I am or what role I'm performing. I built each of these things into my actual schedule so I have a course of action each day!

Roles:
Mother
- Spend at least one hour of electronic free time with Jackson outdoors each day
- Eat dinner at the table with the family without reading or being distracted.

- Begin a chore chart/commissions for Jackson to help him learn responsibility in the household.
Girlfriend/Homemaker
- Control "over emotion" by being clear in communicating with Chad.
- Keep on top of the budget and inflow - outgo issues.
- Make a nice dinner at home at least twice a week (and no frozen pizza doesn't count)
- Store away winter jackets in front closet and organize shoes in the kitchen (rearrange???)
Daughter/Family Member
- hook up Beta/VHS players and begin the process of transferring the last of the old home movies.
- get scanner hooked up to downstairs computer
- be more grateful for the blessing that is having family close and show that more fully
Financial Advisor
- FOCUS when at work on the tasks at hand (yes - I realize the oxymoron of blogging at work but I do get a lunch break...)
- Reach out to current clients and natural market for referrals to help grow my business.
- Utilize my calendar better to maximize my time for prospecting/case development and follow up appointments. (See more people - make more contacts - build more relationships)
Friend
- FEAST Friday night - restore relationships with CJ and Dawn.
- Send some mail to my friends. They deserve it.
- Have a lunch with someone I haven't seen face to face in awhile.
Woman/Self
I know this shouldn't be the last on my list - and its not in real life but it seems better that way (besides this is the hard part and maybe you won't make it this far).
- Set aside time for myself once a day (lunch breaks?) to do discipleship homework, meditate and pray.
- Get back on a workout schedule of 2x/week "The Firm" tapes and walking outdoors with Jackson.
- Spend a few hours on Sunday organizing the scrap area and sitting down at my table - letting my creativity flow for awhile.
- Make sure I am getting enough rest for me and the baby. Don't stay up just because I feel like I "should".

Just remember: If God brought me to it - God will bring me through it.
Whew - better get to work!!!

2 comments:

lisa said...

That's some serious ambition my friend!! Best of luck with it...just remember, don't beat yourself up if you don't tackle every task. Do your best, be proud of what you accomplish, and move on from there! ♥ and (hugs)

Jennifer Moore said...

Those are some GREAT goals, Krissy! You can do it! :)