Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow Day...

How many times have I just WISHED for a day that I didn't have to go to work and stay home snuggling with my boys and what happens when I actually get one??? I go STIR CRAZY! A giant dump of snow 14 inches deep came through over the last two days just in time for the wind to kick up and drift it up five feet in my driveway...it definitely makes me glad that Courtney convinced me to buy the BIG snowblower when we were shopping for one last year - sure it may not be paid off yet but I am now reasonably convinced that I will be able to leave my driveway (whenever that may be).

At 4:20PM we have dug out the driveway, completed The Firm "High Def Sculpt" workout, scrapped two pages, drank a pot of coffee, trimmed the tree, baked three dozen cookies, harvested two full crops of blueberries in farmville, made a casserole for dinner and I'm getting ready to sweep, mop and vacuum the floors and groom the cat. Jackson has been my big helper and has watched about four hours worth of PBS kids (which was not all bad - he did come in when I was taking cookies out of the oven and told me the difference between a hard "G" sound and a soft "G" sound...thanks Electric Company...)

I'm thinking about setting up a photo session in front of the tree later - hmmm...wonder if he would be up for that...he does have a new haircut...and the baby has been good...and mommy is bored...pictures will be forthcoming no matter what...

**update** Just found out that Southeast Polk has already cancelled school for tomorrow - jeez one more day of this and my entire house will be SPOTLESS

1 comment:

lisa said...

girlfriend...enjoy the time off!!! Remember how you wanted it, remember it doesn't happen often!! LOL Looking forward to pics!